4.02.2009

Tea Guys

I absolutely love tea and always have. I remember my mom used to make me orange spiced tea when I was younger and I would mix in some milk and sugar. Today, I usually drink my tea plain with a couple drops of Stevia.

This past Christmas, I got a glass tea pot with infuser as a gift. This tea pot allows me to use loose tea as opposed to tea bags. I was really excited to use it but I needed some loose tea. So, I went online and found the company, Tea Guys. They specialize in organic loose tea and have a wide variety of teas - green, black, herbal and fruit.

Last winter, I purchased the Wild Blueberry, Organic Gunpowder Mint, Ceylon Select OP and the Chamomile Honey Citrus. The website gives a description of each tea which is nice. For example, I know that the Chamomile is good for night time because its calming. My favorite one that I ordered was the Organic Gunpowder Mint. I just ordered some more tea because I wanted to restock on the Gunpowder and I'm really excited to try out the new flavors. This time around I ordered Coconut Truffle, Key Lime Pie, Ginger Darjeeling Peach, Green Walnut, Carrot Cake and of course the Gunpowder.

These teas are not only a delicious treat that can be served hot or cold but they are also good for you! According to the website, Your Total Health:


Tea contains antioxidants
. Tea's antioxidants protect your body from the ravages of aging and the effects of pollution.

Tea has less caffenie than coffee. Coffee usually has 2-3 times the caffenie of tea.

Tea may reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke. Drinking tea may help keep your artieries smooth and clog-free.

Tea protects your bones. One study that compared tea drinkers with non-drinkers, found that people drank tea for 10 or more years had the strongest bones...The authors suggest that this may be the work of tea's many beneficial phytochemicals.

Tea gives you a sweet smile. Tea itself actually contains fluoride and tannins that may keep plaque at bay.

Tea bolsters your immune defenses. Drinking tea may help your body's immune system fight off infection. When 21 volunteers drank either five cups of tea or coffee each day for four weeks, researchers saw higher immune system activity in the blood of the tea drinkers.

Tea protects against cancer. Thank the polyphenols, the antioxidants found in tea, once again for their cancer-fighting effects.

Tea help keep you hydrated.

Tea is calorie-free. Tea doesn't have any calories, unless you add Sweetener or milk. If you're looking for a satisfying, calorie free beverage, tea is a top choice.

Tea increases your metabolism. Green tea has been shown to actually increase metabolic rate so that you can burn 70-80 additional calories by drinking just five cups of green tea per day.

You don't have to buy a tea infuser and loose tea to be able to enjoy a cup. One brand of bagged tea that is available in grocery stores that I really enjoy is Yogi Tea. They have a wide selection and also provide descriptions for their different teas.

Check out Tea Guys

Check out Yogi Tea

Read full article at Your Total Health

No comments:

Post a Comment